Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Mixed-Up Chameleon











































Eric Carle has a beautiful way of telling stories that touch the heart and teach valuable lessons and this story is no different. This is a great book that reinforces a strong message to children. I read this book every year in my classroom during the first week of school when I was teaching. It is a great book to use when focusing on the colours, as well as the story's value that lies in the message that everyone is unique and special. The kind of responses that your child will offer in response to this high-quality piece of literature will amaze you.

I used this book with Master 2 as he has a fascination with all animals. We came across a chameleon in another book recently and Master 2 has since been looking everywhere, in the garden, under the bed, out the window as we drive! lol

I gave Master 2 a template of a Chameleon after we read the book. I put out some coloured paints and gave Master 2 cotton buds to paint with - great for his fine motor skill development.

After he finished painting his chameleon he added some glitter. I think it looks very cute and he's very proud.





1 comment: