Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Child-freindly movie reviews that every parent should read.



Child-friendly movie reviews... Do you know what your children are watching? This simple guide helps you choose movies for your child, with reviews, easy-to-understand classifications and age recommendations. http://raisingchildren.net.au/movie_reviews/movies_landing_page.html


I took Master 4 to the movies today to see Toy Story 3 and although I LOVED it, I have to say he was quite frightened at times. I have been quite careful in what television and movies my children watch and have to admit I was quite shocked to read the Toys Story 3 Movie Review For Parents when I hopped on line tonight:



Violence (Medium)

Sex/Nudity (Low)

Drugs and Alcohol (None)

Language (Low)

Disrespectful/Imitative Behavior (High)

Scary Scenes (High)

Sad/Unsettling Scenes (High)


Today has just highlighted to me how important it is that we as parents are really aware of what our children are watching and the impact it is going to have on their behaviour and emotions.

9 comments: